Weekend project: Bluetooth Radio

Perhaps you may have seen these bluetooth powered speakers popping up around. Well, I had an old bluetooth headset that was sitting in my 'junk electronics' drawer, and I thought it would be fun to turn it into the receiving end of a bluetooth speaker system for the house. You may need an app such as btmono to play music to a mono (as opposed to stereo) headset.

The parts we'll need. Headset, audio jack, and splitter.

After trying to remove the case for an hour,
it was simpler to dremel off the speaker section
and get at the wires that way.

Testing it out with the audio jack.

Finally, I've hot-glued everything in. I would recommend
hot-gluing over the exposed leads so you don't get
speaker pop when plugging in the speakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment